Sunday, April 24, 2011

Musings on Inspiration

World English Dictionary
inspiration (ˌɪnspɪˈreɪʃən)

— n
1. stimulation or arousal of the mind, feelings, etc, to special or unusual activity or creativity
2. the state or quality of being so stimulated or aroused
3. someone or something that causes this state
4. an idea or action resulting from such a state

from L. inspiratus , pp. of inspirare "inspire, inflame, blow into," from in- "in" + spirare "to breathe".

I have been wanting to write a bit lately but I get stuck for topics, I tend to try them on for size and then reject them or get stuck on them, so much easier if someone just gives me a topic and I'll make something fit or get inspired LOL. I was given a list of 5 or so 'topics' and one of them was "inspire"... I was intrigued as to where this might start and finish so thought I'd ponder it on a night shift and explore it.

What or who inspires me and what is the inspiration for? Heck going off that definition, inspiration for me would cover doing housework, LOL, that's an unusual activity for me, but I guess that in itself is actually quite fitting because I HAVE found myself inspired to do some lately!

Authors inspire me, and a couple in particular inspire me to LIVE... Eckhart Tolle would have to be an obvious one lately, Murat Yagan of the Kebzeh tradition another, and Richard Bach (author of Illusions, one of my all time favourite books!) would be a third. They all certainly inflame me, certainly stimulate me, and arouse in me the NEED to do this, the NEED to move on, to overcome the obstacles, to be more, to break free from the illusions of ego and not only find the truth, but to LIVE that truth. Not only do they inspire but of course by way of the books, they guide too, they don't just light you on fire and that's it, you're on your own, but you are guided through to an outcome of that particular desire, which is fine by me, I'd rather recreate myself than the wheel and find my creativity there.

How do they inspire? I guess so much is dependent on where you are in your journey. I must confess timing appears to have much to do with it, something read once years ago meant nothing compared to what it means now. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time, and perhaps then the inspiration will come, in reality, from anywhere anyway! For me, with these guys, I was very ready to move on with working on myself, and all three are so different in styles, but I guess all three of them were recognised as telling the 'truth' as I believe it. Something about each of them, just touched the core of me and screamed "this is it!!! Listen up!!!" Each of them makes me want to push the limitations I've place on myself, each of them makes me want to be the 'more' we are all capable of being when we realise the truth of what we are.

That of course then sets me on a path of development that allows me to find inspiration in all sorts of other places. A chance quote read on FaceBook, a belief in me that someone important to me has, I am inspired to be 'more' do 'more' and I do believe so far, that this being 'more' has as little ego in it as I'm capable of getting right now, particularly when it is to do with a belief or expectation that someone else may have of you. A fine line being walked there and you have to be aware as much as you can that it's being attempted or done for the right reasons, and I know if the changes or creativity I'm being inspired to do are to be lasting it has to be for the right reasons, it has to be done for me first and foremost.

Working on from there of course, all the above things have led me to exploring the Force, the Awareness, the Creator, recognising it in things, in people, conversing with it and feeling not only what it is, but what I am! So now my inspiration is that Awareness that I can find in the keyboard of the computer I'm typing on, it was felt in the river, the trees, the birds when we stopped at a river today driving home, it is found in a loved one by my side. It is felt as Peace in my soul, it is seen in the depth everything gains, it is acknowledged as the lack of separation between everything, it is inspiring because I want that all the time!

I really don't want the insecurities of ego, I really don't want to the pain that thinking from ego brings, I don't want to live in fear, I don't want to doubt myself and others, I don't want a fear of the future, I want that Peace in my heart, I want that Love in my life, I want to know that nothing matters enough in this world of form to disrupt those things. I want to be able to allow others to BE, I want to be able to allow MYSELF to be, I want these things to be unshakeable, so I use whatever inspiration I can at the time, whichever one resonates most strongly at the time, to secure that Peace and that Love, and I try to remember to be gentle with myself... I'll slip up at times, ego will interfere, it may cause me to doubt any number of things, but it finds it harder and harder to do so, particularly with the things I've found to be true through experience now. It can't make me doubt the Peace and true Love that I've experienced, although it may try to make me doubt I deserve that, it can certainly try to make me fear a future without that, but then that stems from a whole 'nother story so lets just leave it with saying, I'm more and more onto that ego!

So that is what inspiration is for me right now, I'm sure as my journey progresses that will change. All pretty selfish stuff LOL, but hey, can't even serve as a good example if I can't at least get that stuff right first right? Let alone create something others will appreciate!

No comments: