Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Changing the Record...

that internal dialogue can really make or break us and those we are dealing with. Horses are fantastic at mirroring us in this type of thing, they really are a bit of a reality check.

So I've been discussing things that hold me mentally back with someone on Paltalk, and had recognised the need to start working on some unreal fears of my own making (ie the fear of failure) and how affirmations will start helping to change that record.... Then I went out to work with Smokey and I got from him that I was scaring him (but I was scared of mucking up this bridling issue!) So I talked to him about my fears being separate to him, and that I would bubble them away from him and hey presto I have a relaxed baby.

The next session I have with him he is pretty good with the bridle and when I do some lunging like Klaus Hempfling shows in some of his you tube clips I got a brilliant reaction from the wee guy.

Keeping my 'confindence' I did more of the same today, bridling was good, lunging good, so put the tarp that used to cover the poo pile out on the ground with some tyres pegging it down and we worked on that. As long as I was confident and calm he responded in kind, within a couple of minutes walking back and forwards over it like a pro.

So now I'm going to work on changing that record even more and write out a list of affirmations applicable to not just the horses, but the main things I'm identifying and needing work at the moment.... try to feed the right wolf!



One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

No comments: